Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I'm back at school and almost all settled in my room. This semester I'm a squad leader with 3 yearlings and 3 plebes under me.

Over break my Dad was really awesome and set up an enviroment for me to help me with learning Ada. The only problem is that although he included tips on working with Ada, I had asked him to include some tips on navigating the enviroment. I guess he didn't hear that part and didn't realize that I didn't quite catch everything he showed me. The result is that I am back at school and have only a very minimal knowledge of how to get anywhere. I did manage to finally open Emacs, after about a half hour of trying to remember. However, I couldn't actually do anything in it because the screen was wierd. I called him at work and hopefully he'll get in touch with me and remind me of how to actually use what he set up.

Right now I there are 5 of us living in my room. I really only have 2 roommates, but Tara is spending a few nights here while she outproccesses for medical leave. The other roommate is Mike. Jill and him are good friends, and so he's over here pretty often.

It's so nice seeing my friends again. I saw Anne while I was down in the basement getting my computer. She was guarding her trunk room. Adam came over last night and I taught him how to play the card game Set. That lasted for a few minutes and then we started throwing a nerf football back and forth in the room, and then started playing baseball with the football as the bat and a tennis ball as the ball. It's amazing that we didn't break anything. Alyson probably thought we were crazy, but whatever, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment