Saturday, January 10, 2004

At last, a little free time that I'm not going to use sleeping. Alyson and I are both very glad that this week is a reorgy week instead of military intersession. Yesterday I was thinking about the past two years and how there were the 4 hour long classes and how those were a killer.

Random incidents of the week:
-being asked to YWW
-a random guy coming up and hugging me after a briefing one night
-finding a pack of cigarettes in the pocket of my field jacket


I'll start with the first incident. A yuck who sits next to me at my table leaned over during lunch one day this week and asked me if I was doing anythign on Jan 31, and if I would like to go to yww with him. He was serious. I was quite suprised. My answer to him was that two big events/dances in one week is too much for me.

Next random incident. I don't remeber what briefing it was after, but I was putting on my coat and gloves and talking to my friends, when some guy walks up to me and suddenly says "hi" and hugs me. At first I thought it was one of my friends, but then I realized that although I think I've seen him around before, I don't know him. I was once again quite suprised and responded with a very confused "do I know you?" He never said who he was, and I don't remember what he looked like anymore. It was just very random.

Then this morning as I was walking to formation I looked down to my field jacket pocket and saw a rectangular outline. I felt it and thought it was rather odd because I didn't remember putting anything like that in my pocket. I reached in and was extremely stunned to pull out a pack of cigarrets. The first thing I did was to look at my nametape and make sure it was my jacket. Then I stood there in the hallway with them in my hand and my mouth hanging open as people passed me by and then showed them to Alyson at formation. I figured they belonged to my 4th roommate who was temporarly living with us, so after formation I went to her and asked her about them. I guess she mistook my field jacket for hers or something when she was putting them in there.

This week I sent out a new Joe Bear episode, but I don't think it is online yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment