Monday, January 26, 2004

Bye Berry, I'll miss you.

Today started out okay, then mid-day today it became a horrible day, but then it got a little better. In CS380 I felt like the stupidest person because I had no clue even where to start with the board problems. The group right next to mine, made up of the smartest people in class, had their first problem done in 5 minutes. It was very frustrating.

Then I got back from lunch and had an email saying that my AIAD settlement had never been recieved and I owe a lot of money by a certain date. I called and emailed the contact number for that, and also went to try and talk to my contact here at school, but she was gone for the day. Hopefully that will all get cleared up.

The worst was when my Mom called around 1. I knew right away from the sound of her voice that something was wrong. She told me that they're taking Berry to the vet today and having her put to sleep. She can't keep down any food anymore and is skin and bones. We've had her since 7th grade. I tell people that and they say "wow, that's a long time" but it doesn't seem very long ago to me at all. It'll be so strange going home again and not having her around, not having her begging to go outside and have me throw her toy around for her, and not having her right by my side whenever I am eating any food, not having her there to pet. I don't think it'll really hit me until I go home.

After my Mom called I went down to Adam's room and we talked for a bit and played with legos. It made me feel a lot better. He helped me make a little lego dog, which now sits on my desk. When I got back to my room I had an email from MAJ S asking me to stop by his office, so I headed over there. We talked for a little while as well about Berry, and then life in general. It's really nice having people here I can go to when stuff happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment