Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Winter has finally arrived here, just in time for the Army Navy game. It flurried twice today, but didn't accumulate to much on the ground. Army Navy Drill was rather cold today, and thankfully we only had to run through it once. We were all supposed to march back up to the barracks afterwords, but my regiment decided to break ranks and run away on our own. I was really happy to do that, because 15 minutes after I got to my room I could still here people from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd reg marching up.

Cool thing of the day: I've started a new book for my daily Bible study time. It's The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Today's segment was about seeing life from God's view. One part of it discussed life on Earth as a trust and how God entrusts us each with certain gifts. 1 Corinthians 4:7, Luke 16:11, and Luke 12:48 all stood out to me. Then, at OCF the topic for our small group discussion was time and gifts. It was really cool how the two fit together. Today's left me wondering what gifts God has given me and how I can use them.

Yet another announcement today of someone in the cow class getting engaged. The trend is catching on fast.

An argument broke out this evening over the awarding of points for Adam and Anne. It resulted in an email war between the judges. Mostly it was Jordan and I against Annah. Annah's supposed to be on Anne's side with us....I mean, we are fair, non-biased judges who happen to award Anne 1 billion points and Adam 1 point. It's all relative. The cool thing is, nobody has any idea what I am talking about :)

Sweet! I just realized that since today is now technically Wednesday, my parents will be here tomorrow. I'll hopefully catch up with them at the Goat-Engineer football game and bonfire. At this time last year a huge snowstorm hit.

It's amazing how things change.

In other news, I'm now the women's crew team Activity SGT. My goal is to unite the team and bring us closer together through fun activities, competitions, and spending time together outside of regular crew practice and trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment