Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Ever notice that while you're talking to someone you feel a constant need to reaffirm your selfworth and show that you are as good as them, if not better? Not a healthy feeling by any means. I've caught myself in that trap a few times in the past month or so and now that I've noticed it I'm trying to do something about it. Just what that is, I'm not quite sure. As a whole, I'm fine with who I am right now, what I'm doing, what I've accomplished, where I'm headed in life, what kind of person I am, and all that stuff. However, every so often out pop those horrible thoughts that I'm not good enough, I'll never be accepted, everything is fake, and basically I'm worthless. It is at those times that I remember that: 1. God loves me, made me who I am, has a plan for my life, is in control, I can turn to Him, and He never makes a mistake. 2. My family loves me, supports me, and likes me the way I am. and 3. I am surronded by friends who I know I can trust, like me for who I am, and support me. What it all boils down to is that money, material possesions, looks, knowledge, etc, can all fade away, but no matter what happens, no matter the circumstances, I'll always be a child of God and loved by my Father in Heaven. So when I feel the need to reaffirm my selfworth and value, I am forgetting, and thereby rejecting in a way, who I really am and what Jesus has done for me by dying on the cross to save me. He wouldn't do that to save someone who is worthless and He didn't love, yet He made the ultimate sacrifice for everyone's sake. Therefore He must think everyone is worthwhile and He loves everyone , but it is my choice whether or not I accept His love.

No clue if that made any sense or not. I just wrote with the flow and it's 2:30am. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment