Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Last night, with some assistance from Annah, I made a new Joe Bear episode. I came back from Army Navy and found a package from Build a Bear on my desk. My mom had bought Joe Bear the BDU outfit:) Thanks Mom! During the shooting of the episode my camera started to complain about the battery power. It tends to do that if I have it on for more then 10 minutes in any space of time. I need new batteries for it, but can't find the right kind and don't really have the time to look. By the end of the photo taking I was begging my camera to give me one more picture. I was also dreaming of getting a new digital camera, but that's not likely to happen. I have a Kodak DX3900 right now that I got at the end of Plebe year. It works pretty well with 3.1 magapixels and a 2x optical zoom, but it's nothing compared to the camera's that are out now. Camera's are like computers, a month after you buy one the newest latest and greatest model comes out that is 10 times better then the one you bought. Ah well, someday I'll get a new camera that'll be the latest and greatest and be happy with it once again for about a week before a better one comes out.

As I said before, I love my friends. I can talk to them about stuff that I never felt comfertable talking to people about before, that being God and religion. A few days ago I mentioned that I'd started a new book for my daily prayer/Bible study time. I take notes in a little notebook and the stuff that God has shown me has been amazing and so useful in my life. Usually it's off the topic of the daily Bible study and I come across it as I look deeper in the Bible abotu the subject of the day. For instance, on 03 December the topic of the day was "Life Is a Temporary Assignment." Two verses that really hit me during the Bible Study, which happened to be adjacent to the actual verses for the day, were 1 Peter 2:11-12 and 1 Corinthians 7:33-35. The 1 Corinthians passage was particularly moving and I talked about it with Anne today at dinner. I love being able to go to my friends like Anne, Leah, and Amanda and have converstaions about stuff. The other cool thing of the day was that this evening I went over to my EE partner's room to work on our EE360 project. We first listend to Christmas music, and after that was through she turned on a Christian praise CD from FCA. It was really good. I happened to see a bible study thing she had on her bookshelf and was looking at it and so she told me about it. I told her I'd just started a new book of my own, and she asked what the title was. I told her it was "The Purpose Driven Life" and she went over to her desk and picked up a book and said "You mean this book?" It turns out a friend of hers had gotten the same book for her for her Birthday and said it was really good. She hadn't started it yet, but was going to once TEE's finished. It's so cool.

Time for bed so that I can get up for morning practice. yay...

No comments:

Post a Comment