Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Today, that being Tuesday, was a really good day. Morning practice went very well, and both coach's liked my idea about having an erg contest. Coach Holland also told me that Coach Steve said I rowed well. That was definetly nice to hear, because usually I only hear that I need to slow my slide more, stay constant, get my hands away faster, etc. On the way up from the boathouse the sunrise was extremely beautiful. Late fall/ winter sunrises and sunsets are so pretty. In fact, all sunrises and sunsets are at anytime of year, but in the fall and winter they have a softer glow to them with colors that gently blend into one another.

Anyway, then, in Mil Art we had a suprise quiz, but my teacher let us use the course notebook and instead of failing it, I actually aced it and got the bonus points. He also handed back the papers. I figured I'd probably get a C or so on the paper, but was very happy to find it was an A. Writing standards for English and Mil Art are extremely different. I had two free periods before lunch and so took some time for a Bible study/ prayer time. The topic was "What Makes God Smile" but instead of focusing on that, I found that passages about watching what I say, such as Eph 4:29 and James 3:9 kept coming up and I felt like God was trying to tell me something and so I've been thinking about that a lot for the rest of the day. I think I now know why.

In the afternoon I went in for a very productive AI session for CS. After class last hour I went with Jordan to the S's house. While waiting for Mrs. S. I made a bunch of snowballs and ambushed Jordan when she came by. She tried to tackle me in the snow, but ended up getting more snow on her then I got on myself. Spending the afternoon over at the S's house was really nice. I've really opened up a lot more to them this year and am more myself. From there we all went the the OCF Christmas party, which was also a lot of fun. I love OCF. After that I went back to the barracks and my project partner and I got to work on our EE project, which we managed to get working 5 minutes before TAPs. It's so cool.

Yikes, it's late. Stupid MS essay.... I mean, really helpful and useful MS essay. Riiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment