Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Today at OCF I felt a connection to God that I haven't felt in awhile. Last semester I really started to drift away and I knew it, but I didn't want to admit it. During the summer I hit a low point in my life and in my relationship with God. When that happened I turned back to God. I gave almost everything over to him, but still help onto some of my feelings hurt and shame and saw some things as a mark against my character. My relationship with God greatly increased over the past few weeks as I made changes in my life and made God a priority, but my relationship with him was hindered by the fact that I still held onto those feelings. I wasn't allowing myself to fully experience and accept his forgiveness and mercy. I was becoming more and more depressed and unhappy. Last night I realized that I had to let everything go and turn everything over to God. At OCF tonight I really felt God's mercy and forgivness for the first time. Instead of hurt and anger I felt joy and happiness. My focus was on God. It just kept building inside of me until I had to let it out and tell someone. I've never been really comfertable talking about God or my relationship with him to anyone, but tonight I was able to share everything with two of my friends, both of whom are Christians and one of them is in my small group. I'm just really happy and feel like I'm getting back to where I used to be and should be in my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment