Thursday, September 18, 2003

"Lord, show me what is in my heart, soul, mind, spirit and life that shouldn't be there. Teach me what I am not understanding. Convict me where I am misssing the mark. Tear down my arrogance, pride, fear, and insecurities, and help me to see the truth about myself, my life, and my cirmcumstances. Expose me to myself, Lord. I can take it. Enable me to correct the error of my ways. Help me to replace lies with truth and make changes that last."

That's a really hard prayer for me to pray, just like I'm not that thrilled about praying for humility. Sure, it's something I need and in the long run I'll be much better off, but getting there isn't very fun. In fact, it's rather painfull sometimes. Nobody, especially me, likes to have their weaknesses exposed, not even to themselves, but it's only when they are exposed that they can be taken care of. I need courage to pray that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment