Thursday, September 04, 2003

"Describe a technique to determine your own individual maximal heart rate that would be more accurate than the formulas." My suggestion is to fall asleep in Lee, then wake up with a start, realize that you forgot to set your alarm and class started 20 minutes ago, run to your classroom which is on the 6th floor of Washington, and once you get there stop and check your heart rate after reporting to your teacher who is a LTC who writes people up for being even 30 seconds late to class. Somehow I don't think my Fitness Leader II teacher will except that answer to the question though. Oh, and that situation will never happen to me because 1. I live in Mac and so would never be asleep in Lee. 2. If I sleep during the day, which I don't have any time to do anyway so I don't, I always double check my alarm. 3. I have no classes on the 6th floor of Washington. I do think my answer is more creative than the one they are looking for, even though I don't know what answer they are looking for.

This morning I woke up for practice and looked down at my watch only to discover that it had died during the night. There's no reason why it should've died. I didn't abuse it like I do most watches and make it go through things like Buckner. I got it when I was in New Mexico. It had a nice easy life, and how does it repay me? By dying in the middle of the night. For practice I just used my heart rate monitor as a watch and then wore my nicer watch to class as usual. After lunch I made a trip to the C-store and bought a new one. It's a timex expedition and I must admit that it's a nicer looking sports watch than the one that just died, although that one wasn't bad at all. While at the C-store I also picked up a new toothbrush because the blue bristles on mine had started to fade to halfway down. I'm so bad at remembering when to replace tooth brushes. At the C-store I also picked up a Swiffer for SAMI this weekend. A free duster thing came with it. It has a lemony smell to it which is rather pleasent. I think I'll have fun dusting on Friday night. Hmm, while most college students party on Friday Fourth Regiment, minus F4 (stupid frogs) will be cleaning and dusting. Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment