Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Awww. It's so cute. Betsy just started dating someone and things seem to be going very well. She's floating right now instead of walking.

I finally rowed my 2k yesterday before practice. The first 1000m I was doing awesome and averaging a 1:54min 500m split, but then I died during the second 1000m and my split rose to around 2:01min. My final time was 7:48.2, which is my second best yet. My best time was 7:47.3. Right now Coach Hall has me back as stroke of the varsity B boat. I love being stroke, although it's really hard sometimes. On Saturday we're racing the varsity A eight, and then two fours. I'm stroking one of the fours. Today at practice we rowed in the fours and Molly cox'd my boat. Usually I can maintain my cool and not get very annoyed during practice, but today my attitude wasn't great. My boat should've been the faster if you compared everyone's erg scores, but we just didn't have it. Molly had never coxed before and so we kinda swerved all over the place, which was one factor that slowed us down. Another was that the rest of the people in the boat wanted a really low stroke rating, like a 20, but I felt the boat moved best at a 24-26 and so I got very annoyed when I listened to them and kept it down at a 20 and we fell behind the other boat. On the last 1500 m piece we did I said screw it and raised the rating to 26-28 and we stayed ahead of the other boat the whole time,even though they pulled at least 4 more power 10's than us. I admit, my ratio sucks, but we were going nowhere fast at a 20 and just tireing ourselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment