Wednesday, April 16, 2003

The APFT is over and once again I managed to avoid going on the Comm's remediation program. However, I am still very dissapointed in my performance. Although I did the most sit-ups I've ever done in the two minutes, my push-ups and run were significantly worse. I got cut 10-15 push-ups, which has never happened before either. I knew going to the grader sitting on the floor in a yoga position was a bad idea, but I didn't really have a choice. After the APFT was over Anne and I ran, or actually it was more a crawl because we couldn't move, to practice. Coach Hall had the brilliant idea of making that practice one of the hardest we've had all year. He had us do seat racing with 1000 meter pieces. I don't think I've ever pulled harder before in practice. Halfway through I decided that since I was already in so much pain a little more didn't matter. That actually was my savior because it got me through the mental block and I was able to look at Cas the whole time and row with all my strength while not thinking. I was 6 seat in the 73rd and so I was behind Kathie and Cas. I hope that someday I can row as well as they can row.

After practice Molly and I ran up to Mac Statue where LTC Surdu picked us up. We were still all sweaty and stuff because there wasn't any time to shower and change, but nobody said anything. Dinner was very delicous. Mrs. Surdu made Meatloaf, green beans, and corn souflee. I loved the corn souflee. Tommy and Sammy were once again very excited to see all of us and were running all over the place. They reminded me of Anna and Isaac.

This morning Anne and I once again got up to go running at 5:45. Last night I was very tempted to email her and cancel, but I didn't give in. When I told her that this morning she said that she felt the same way last night and so it's a good thing that neither of us acutally did try and get out of getting up. Last week when we went running it was freezing out and we had to wear our sweat suits and I wore a skull cap, but today it was 65 degrees out. We did a short jog around the plain and then stretched for the rest of the time because we wanted to allow our bodies a little recovery time. The air reminded me of Beast and the morning PT.

No comments:

Post a Comment