Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I got my physucks wpr back today and found out I got an 88.5% on it. The course average on it was around a 73% I think. That made me really happy because that may bring my grade up in that class to a B-. My grades really suck this semester. I just took a spanish WOPR which I'm pretty sure I failed. Forgetting the difference between por and para and the preterit and imperefect is not a good thing to do when that is what the majority of the test covers.

Yesterday after CS lab I had CS AI schedualed with Dr. Blair, but since I had a few minutes before AI and I was really down about the class I went searching for someone to talk to about my major. I tried LTC Phillips, who is my DAC, LTC Surdu, who is my sponsor, and Dr. Hanlon, who is one of my coachs. They are all in the EECS department, but I didn't manage to talk to any of them because they were either gone or busy talking to someone else. I ended up talking to Dr Blair and the first sentence out of my mouth was "Ma'am, I think I may have made a mistake when choosing my major." She sat down with me and told me that the impressions she got from me in class were that I had the ability to do the work, but didn't have much of a background with the stuff. She said that she thought I had the skill to get a B+/A-, but that I probably wasn't working up to my potential. My motivation is decidedly lacking. I go over to visit Josh and Joel is always sitting there working on the CS project. I hardly ever work on it. There's probably a direct correlation between how much I work I do and how much I enjoy the class. Right now I have problems with visualizing stuff and when I try and work on it back in my room it feels like I get even more lost and do everything wrong. I like working with computers and technology, but I'm not sure if I like this stuff. I do, but yet I don't.

Why does the regatta this weekend have to be away? It's the Big East Championship, formerly known as the Patriot League Championships. The one weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment