Saturday, April 05, 2003

It's the weekend at last. Tomorrow morning I have my first regatta of the spring season against Fairfield and Sacred Heart. Right now I think I'm slated to row in the Varsity B 8, which is the second race, and then in a four after the novies race. I'll see how I'm doing tomorrow and make a decision after the first race on whether or not I think I can row. Today I was talking to Annah and she suggested that Coach Hall may be grooming me to be the stroke of the Varsity A boat when I'm a firstie. That'd be awesome, but since Coach Hall is leaving after this year and I've never rowed under Coach Holland, I don't know how good my chances are. Next year it'll probably be Margret Kenny or Mindy who's the stroke. I don't really know what the novies look like this year in terms of that, but I do know that the competition is going to increase next year on varsity with the way the novies erg scores look at the moment. Annah said that I had the best time on the B boat, but I know that there are at least two novies who beat me and even had better times than a few people on the A boat. Ah well, it just means that Army has an even better team.

I have a confession to make. I've started to listen to country music by my own free will and actually enjoy it. All my life I've detested it, but for some reason that's changing. In fact, for the past few days it's the only thing I've listened to on MSN radio. Right now my favorites are Toby Keith and Tim McGraw along with one song by Tracy Byrd.

Will this stupid cold please go away? It's getting rather annoying. I took the advice of S. Woods and bought some Cold-Eeze, but I can't tell if they're working. At least I'm not Celio and on bed rest for the week, or Tim and quarentined in the hospital. Actually, he's probably not quarentined anymore because they concluded he doesn't have SARS.

Yesterday Gov. Jeb Bush came and talked to the cadets in AP. That was cool.

The plebe had their crest unveiling dinner tonight. I wonder what their class crest looks like. Everyone makes fun of 2005's. They say it looks like the flag is being set on fire and that the eagle has three wings.

Sleep time. My favorite time of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment