Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Coach Hall had us seat race today. We did six 1000 meter pieces. The first two I was in the boat with Kathie, Cas, and Leah. The other boat had Margo, Frannie, Mindy, and AB. None of us knew we were going to be seat racing at first, but it became pretty clear once Coach told us to get the boats even and start to row. My boat won the first 2 races, and then Coach switched Andrea and Leah, meaning that they were going to be seat racing each other. My boat won the next two races as well by and even larger margin, which I really wasn't expecting. Then Coach had Mindy and I switch boats. I didn't expect my boat to be able to keep up, but we ended up smoking the other boat twice. I think I saw Coach Holland's jaw drop when he saw us pass. Mindy got really upset because since my boat won that probably means that I beat her. That really suprised me because she has a better 2k erg time than me by 7 or 8 seconds. Oh well. Nobody really understands how Coach Hall does seat racing. For all I know I could have actually lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment