Saturday, April 26, 2003

Someone once told me that when you are mad at someone or want to say something mean about them, you should instead try and think of 10 nice things to say about them. I've tried to do that before and it helps a little. I also try and see things from the other persons point of view. Of course, that can lead to an arguement in my head between the two sides. I don't want to be selfish or self-centered, but that sometimes leads me to not say anything and I end up being unhappy or disliking something. I guess I have a problem with speaking what is on my mind. Some people do it too much, and then some don't do it enough. I'd rather not be on either side of the spectrum. I've found that I'm most comfertable in the middle. Perhaps it's time that I start stepping out of my comfort zone. But how? I don't want to go from not saying anything, to saying too much.

Why do I have childrens songs running through my head? Do you know the Muffin Man?

Eurika! I've figured it out. As a child I was terrified of the bath tub drain. When my mom would drain the bath tub after my bath I would start crying if any of my toys were left in there because I was sure that they would be sucked down the cm diameter holes of the drain covering. I was also sure that I would get sucked down as well if I was left in there. I think I may have figured out why I was so scared. It's because of the boy that lived down the drain. My dad used to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep as
Ba ba black sheep have you any wool
Yes sir yes sir three bags full
One for my master
One for the adme
One for the little boy who lives down the drain

instead of "one for the little boy who lives down the lane." That poor boy. How did he survive in that drain?

No comments:

Post a Comment