Monday, June 10, 2002

On to the subject of guys. A three week break from them is great. I was getting way to caught up with Erich and thinking about him. We're just friends and thats the way it should be. Yes, I like him, but I think I liked him too much. I don't need to worry or stress about this stuff because there are far more important things in my life. Besides, worrying and stressing do nothing.

While I've been home I've hung out with a few of my guy friends. They are great guys, but only as friends. It's funny, most of the guys I know assume that since I've spent one year in the military I know everything about every weapons system avaliable today, and that I enjoy talking about them. That's not the case. Back to guys now. When I got back from NYC and realized that Erich had blocked me - perhaps it was an accident, maybe it wasn't. I'm not blocked anymore- I was really upset and wanted to talk to someone. The first person that came to mind was Erich, but since he was the one who blocked me I imediatly ruled that out. Next, Matt came to mind, but since he's usually the one I call and whine and complain to I decided to give him a break. There's only so much a person can take. For some reason Frank popped into mind after that and I ended up calling him. We had a nice chat and I didn't talk about what had happend at all but I still felt better afterwords. In fact, I felt so much better that I wanted to ask him right then to the Camp Illumination Dance at the end of Buckner so that he could come out and see West Point. I decided to wait until after I talked to him in person and we sorted some stuff out. When we went out to lunch I realized that I love Frank a ton, as a brother, but he's not the sort of friend that I can take to a dance. Things aren't like they used to be and we are both different now. I doubt that I'll bring anyone from home for that dance. Yearling Winter Weekend is still up in the air because it's a long ways off. A lot can happen in half a year.

Right now I'm thinking that if I marry, and I'm hoping that someday I do get married, it will probably be to someone who graduated from West Point or was/is at least in the military. I like guys in civilian clothes a ton more than guys in uniforms, but I have a lot more in common with the men in the military. That's at least 3 years off, probably a lot more than that. I'm not gonna think about it anymore right now. It scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment