Saturday, June 15, 2002

Every night I go to bed and say to myself that tomorrow I'll go to bed earlier so that I don't sleep in as late, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't like sleeping in real late because it makes me feel like I've wasted part of my day. I also like the fresh, bright feeling that only early morning can provide. That doesn't mean that I like to get up at 5am however. I'm not looking forward to getting back to school and getting up at 5 for some PT everyday. Somehow I'll survive, I hope.

Today I went out in search of a kite. I love flying kites and at West Point there are some great places to fly them, but I never had one to fly. Every windy day I wished I had one and so I want to make it a point to fly a kite while I'm home. It's fun to watch them go so high up in the sky and feel the force of the wind as the kite tugs on the string. I searched for them at Meijer and at Target, but neither store carried them. It wasn't a total lose going to those stores because I got to spend time in the toy department. I'm still a little kid at heart and I love toys. While I was in NYC I made my friends go with my to the big toy stores there. The biggest one around here is TOYS R US and so that's where I went next in my search for a kite. I wanted to play with all the toys that I saw, but there were a lot of adults around and it would have looked pretty weird. The kite selection consisted of a whopping two kites. One was $4.99 and the other was $9.99. I went with the more expensive one because it seemed a little higher quality. It has an ET theme with a hole in the center where ET's spaceship goes and spins. I was hoping to fly it but a thunderstorm prevented that from happening.

I was out with Steph this evening and we went to pick up a pizza and ran into Tara. I haven't seen her since junior year and didn't recognize her at first. She hasn't changed:)

No comments:

Post a Comment