Thursday, June 13, 2002

AHHH!! Only a week left of summer for me. What's sad is that summer doesn't actually start untill the day I have to go back to school.

Tuesday my Jungle Boots came, but they were too big so my mom and I drove out to some military base around Detroit to get some new ones. I ended up spendint $100 dollars on the boots, a few camo bungie cords my mom wanted me to get, and a polyporpolene shirt.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with Betsy, but before I went to pick her up I had to put some gas in my car. As it turns out my credit card was maxed out due in no small part to the fact that my dad made me buy a $400 blender on it 2 weeks ago. Why do they need a blender with 2 horsepower? I don't understand. Anyway, I was not happy. Some really nice guy ended up paying the $5 that I didn't have on me. The day did get better, however. Betsy and I had a nice lunch at Tio's. She's making an appointment to visit the convent she's interested in joining. It's in NYC, or thereabouts, but I don't think that I'd ever get to see her. I support her 100% with whatever she does, but I kinda think that my mom and dad will take it kinda hard. They weren't too thrilled with the idea of her becoming Catholic in the first place. I'm sure they're get used to it evetually, if she does decide to become a nun, but it might take a while. From what I gather, my mom had a little trouble getting used to the fact that i was joining the military and going to West Point. Gotta love scaring the parents. I wonder what Heidi's gonna do now.

After lunch with Betsy my mom and I drove to Kalamazoo area to visit my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. Isaac had a t-ball game and so we went and watched it. Uncle Jeff was the coach, but he was feeling sick and so he went home. Aunt Sue asked me to coach the team, I felt the parents who actually have seen a t-ball game before would do better. I would have probably ended up telling some 5 year-old to steal 2nd or throw the ball to 2nd from home in order to get the runner out. They don't keep score and there's a really good reason for that. It was a lot of fun to watch because they're just getting the hang of the game and look really cute, but none of them know how to catch a ball yet. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment