Friday, June 21, 2002

I really should be in bed right now because I have to get up in a few short hours in order to be out the door at 3:25am and on my way back to West Point and Camp Buckner for the summer. It's been great being home and seeing my family and friends, relaxing, sleeping in, going to movies, and forgetting about the pressures of school. The worst part of being home is the day before I leave. The pit in my stomach threatens to consume my whole body and I feel very depressed the whole today. Today was no different, but a few things made it remarkably better.

The first was Matt calling me and us going out to lunch. He has the remarkable ability of cheering me up no matter what without even knowing it or trying. This can be good, but also kinda of annoying, in a good way, when I want to call him and wallow in my sorrow and depression and can't because I feel better. It was great to just sit and talk to him for a while and forget about the pit in my stomach. I'm gonna miss him.

Steph and I then went kayaking on the Huron River. It was really hot out and so we splashed eachother didn't care about all the polution in the water. I wouldn't be suprised if we each grow and extra eye or ear in the next month.

Besty came over for dinner and my dad grilled some chicken which tasted very good. It was enjoyable to have the whole family sitting at the table talking and laughing one last time before I leave. My Grandma stopped by for a few minutes to say goodbye to me and I was able to solve the mystery of how to lock the doors to her new car from the inside. You have to press the lock button twice. Later in the eveing the whole family watched my Dad set off some fireworks my Mom had bought at the store today. It reminded me of when I was little and we used to do that around the 4th of July. Good stuff.

I am suprised at the amount of stuff I have to take back with me. I don't know how I'm going to fit all of it into my wall locker at Buckner. Molly is probably going to laugh at me tomorrow when I show up at her house tomorrow morning with 3 huge bags. Becki stopped by tonight and we talked while I finished packing. We were supposed to hang out today but unfortunatly that didn't happen. I'm glad that she came over tonight.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jasmin, Ez, Erich, and everybody else again. This evening I made little loaves of banana bread to take back with me and give to Jasmin. I hope she likes them.

Now I must go and begin my 6-7 week hiatus from this and the computer all together. Since I won't have this to use to vent and transcribe my thoughts on I'm planning on taking up letter writing again. Gotta love the old pen and paper.

Talk to you later. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment