Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I got my PL300 grade back today and found out that I got an A on the TEE, which also happened to be the second highest grade in my section. The highest was an A+. The A raised my grade in the class to a B+. My final grade breakdown for the semester is as follows:
CS350A-
PL300B+
MS302B+
HI302B-
CS385C+
CS403C
CS380C

The semester turned out better than I thought it would, which I can only attribute to God being very merciful and the tons of prayers I recieved from friends and family. I'm so glad those classes are over and I never have to deal with them again. CS350 was actually pretty fun, which is probably why that was my best grade. I also enjoyed PL300 because my teacher was awesome and made the class interesting, hence the reason it is my second highest grade.

On a completly different subject, anyone who thinks that cadets actually like drilling and parading is crazy and has never endured the torture themselves. I once read an article somewhere where the author actually made the claim that cadets enjoyed it, and had actually organized a parade for someone. I really hope the author was being sarcastic. I understand that a parade may look nice, and it is a little nice to march in front of people and have them be amazed, but the hours of drilling that goes into one parade, especially during grad week, makes it torture. I also think is has to be boring watching parades. After you've seen one, you've seen them all. Brigade reviews must be especially boring to watch, because it's 30 minutes of the cadets who all look the same, marching in front of you. What is even worse is being in 4th regiment and knowing that the people in 1st regiment will already be taking their showers by the time you finally get to march off the plain. I admit, I'm a bit bitter right now due to the hours of drill and parading we'll have to endure everyday this week. Today was an easy day with drill only lasting 1.5 hours, having it only be double regimental, and only having to go through the whole parade 3 times. Once the brigade drill starts, the real torture begins. I apologize if I just hurt anyone's image of cadets at West Point. I came here thinking drill would actually be fun and enjoyable. That thought lasted about a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment