Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Yesterday I was talking to Bea-hob on IM and he asked me if there was anything that I would die for. The things that came to mind were God, family, country. He then asked me a question that really made me think. He asked me what it means to die for God, and how I translate that into everyday actions. Thinking about having to actually die for my faith is the easy part, in part because I am not currently faced with that possibilty. However, as Bea-hob reminded me, I am called to die each day for God, so to speak. How that is done is by living in Christ, not in the world. When he asked me that question I really wondered how I do die each day for Christ. I really struggle with sharing my faith, because I am worried about what other people will think. Will they think I am crazy, a hypocrite, a goody-two-shoes, someone who has no fun? Yet it shouldn't matter what other people think of me. The only one that matters is God, but so often I lose sight of that and am silent.

Totally different subject: This morning I learned how to pack a personal parachute. It was harder than I thought, and I found it much harder than packing the cargo parachutes. Since that only took the morning to do and get another tour of the pack shed, my LT let me go back to the hotel at lunch. This afternoon I went and saw The Stepford Wives. I wouldn't really recommend the movie. It was pretty strange.

2 days left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment