Thursday, June 17, 2004

Being able to hang out with John, Matt, and Julia in the evenings has made a world of difference. Matt and Julia are two LTs in Johns company. Yesterday they had a night airborne operation, and so John invited me to go along to see them jump and then pick them up. Since we didn't have to be at the drop zone until 11pm, we hung out before hand. We went out to dinner and then stopped by a store so I could pick up stuff to make butterscotch brownies, because I'd been craving those. Since John is staying at Matt's house, and Matt is a bachlor, I didn't expect to find any real baking supplies there, and I was right. When I was about halfway through making the brownies I couldn't find the flour or the baking powder. I remembered buying them, but they weren't in the house and they weren't in the car. It turns out that I left an entire bag of supplies at the checkout. Needless to say, the brownie batter ended up going down the sink :( Hopefully I'll be able to make them tonight.

After that we watched a movie and proceeded to have a drawn out pillow fight throught the course of the movie. It turned into him trying to use combative moves on me since he had just had the class that year. I had it two years ago, and so I didn't remember the moves as well, or how to get out of them, and ended up having to tap out a few times. It was good exercise though, which I counted as my PT for today even though it was the night before. I got back from the jump around 2:30am, and so I was excused from PT in the morning.

Tomorrow I'm running in the Army Birthday 10-miler. I've run 7 miles before, but I don't think I've run 10 at one time. I'm not that nervous because it is not something that I have to finish in the certain time. My goal is just to finish, especially since I have not been running a ton.

Friday is another day off. Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment