Monday, June 28, 2004

I can't wait to get home, get away from everything, and be on vacation. It'd also be really nice to go backpacking away from everything again. Perhaps that is my new mode of escape. I love being out in the woods away from civilization, surrounded by hills or mountains, sleeping under the stars, or in a makeshift shelter, being able to be comfertable in silence with friends as we hike, preparing food over a hiking stove or a fire, collecting water from a stream, sitting on a rock outcropping watching the sun set, seeing for miles on the hill tops, being worried only about porcipines attacking at night, and getting away from daily trials, struggles, and problems. However, I don't think I'd enjoy backpacking if the pace had to be fairly fast in order to accomplish a certain distance, or get to a certain point. I need time to unwind and relax and go at my own pace.

I've found I have a love for hills and mountains, but along with that, or in addition to that, I have a love of clouds and the sky. There are so many times I wish I had a camera with me that could capture the majestic clouds and beauty of the sky. Whether they are wispy strands of clouds strung out like strands of cotten, or huge billows piled on each other like cotten balls stacked in the sky, I find them awe inspireing. When the sun is setting and it casts a pink and yellow hue throughout the sky, it almost takes my breath away. The beauty of the sky constently reminds me of God and how awesome he is. He created the sky and the clouds. He made the sun sets. He is the true artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment