Thursday, June 24, 2004

Having had some extra time on my hands with nothing better to think about, I've started day dreaming about something. I think it would be cool to run a 1-day mini-boot camp for kids at my church, or other kids who'd be intersted, while I'm home. What I've thought about is teaching things like low-crawling, high-crawling, 3-5 second buddy rushes, and a little drill and ceremony. Throughout it I'd stress the importance of having a ranger buddy at all times, having self-disciplne, and respect for both people and equipment. This evening I searched online and found toy M16 rifles for around $8.00 each, 1 Qt canteens for under $2.00 each, and woodland camo baseball caps for $5.00 each. I figure that if I actually could get this thing to work, it'd cost about $15 per kid. I'd lose some money on it, but that way the cost would not be too daunting for anyone interested, plus the kids would come away with some cool gear, although it'd be imitation. It's just a dream, but it gives me something to think about, and it'd be really cool if I actually could get it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment