Wednesday, June 09, 2004

It's all the pain of strep throat, without the sickness. Yes, my wisdom tooth is finally making itself very evident. Tomorrow I'm hopefully headed in to get it looked at. As far as I can tell, I believe it is coming in sideways sticking out into my cheek. I'd be optimistic and say it'll get better, but since it gets worse as the tooth comes in more, I'm thinking I'll try and get it removed and not have to deal with it. Really, I don't mind it that much. It's better than being actually sick, or any numerous other things.

In other news, the airborne operation today was awesome. I had no idea so much went into one. I was in the Battalion Commander's humvee and he made sure that I got to see the cool stuff. I was allowed onto the C-17 with the safteys before take-off, and handed out earplugs to the soldiers on the plane. Then, I got to go to the drop zone, and actually be right on the drop zone as they parachuted down. We were so close that the humvees had to be running every time and we had to stand out of the way of them in case one of them was in the way of a soldier landing. The first one landed about 25 meters from where we were. It was so cool seeing them drop straight overhead.

Friday is a national day of mourning for President Reagen, so the big question of the week is "does that make it a training holiday?" So far I've heard both that it is, and that it is not. Guess I'll find out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment