Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Today was a better day than last week. It started out with a 4 mile run, where I once again realized how out of running shape I really am. The only thing that will take is more running. The rest of the morning was spent in the motorpool. In the afternoon I took a range control class, which was pretty easy and took up 2 hours. After that the day was basically over because I just followed my LT around base while she did different LT type things. Tomorrow I get to ride with the Battalion Commander and view an airborne operation. I'm hoping that I get to do the ruck march in the morning for PT. On Thursday I'm going to the range to qualify again on an M16. That should be cool because I'll get a chance to use my left eye, which has become my dominate I in the last 2 years. On Friday I'm going to dental sick call to get one of my wisdom teeth looked at. I thought it was coming in fine, but in the past few days I've found that it is coming in at an angle and started to hurt my cheek.

I've discovered a new way to work on my hand-eye coordination. In order to be able to go to the bathroom I must first be able to catch and smash the 6 or so mosquitoes flying around in the tiny space. My roommate and I finally discovered the way they were getting into the room, the bathroom ceiling. We covered up what we thought was the hole because it was the one that light was coming through, but they have discovered another one today. Perhaps I'll start keeping a tally of the number I kill each day. I think I'm around 8-10 today so far.

I hope John is back and has good news about my orders for a car.

Thanks to Heidi, my list of books to read, or read again in most cases is:
-The Princess Bride
-some book that has Lethal Poison, or maybe it's Deadly Poison, or perhaps I'm compeltely off in the title, but it's another one she suggested.
- Any other books people suggest. Sorry Heidi if I forgot some other books. Can you tell me again what they were if I missed any, and feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

Things to do tonight, in no particular order:
- find John and ask him about the orders
- i hope, i hope, i hope, rent a car
- call my LT
- email angelo saying I'll go the the bbq
- call parents
- call Frank
- do laundry
- read
- sleep

I miss Joe Bear :(

No comments:

Post a Comment