Saturday, June 26, 2004

Less than a week left. I've learned some good stuff during CTLT, like the role of a platoon leader. Yesterday I had an office call with COL Hudson, who is the COSCOM commander. He gave me some good advice about being a soldier, officer, leader, and person. Hopefully I'll actually be able to remember it.

I talked to Misha yesterday, and he said he would probably be able to help me out with the mini-boot camp. He loves the army, and is even considering using the army as means to medical school, or something like that. I can't wait to hang out with him again.

My car is ready to be picked up, which means it will be waiting for me at my house when I get home next week. Yay!

I was mistake for a rigger this morning by some of the soldiers. We were packing flight bags to be airdropped at Fort Irwin, and I was showing them how do to it, because I learned yesterday, and since we had all taken off the bdu tops and were just in brown t-shirts, name and ranks were not visible. Once or twice they refered to me as "rigger." I had to tell them that I wasn't, and that I was just a cadet. They then asked me a lot of questions about being a cadet. Although a lot of them don't quite understand how it works, because they are conviced I'm here trying to figure out what MOS I want. Even though I don't really want to branch quatermaster, I think if I do somehow end up in the branch I want to be in a rigger unit.

It's been half a year since I've seen my sisters, but I'm going to get to see them in a few days. Yay! I guess this is kinda getting me ready for the future when it will be a year before I see my family again when I am deployed. This morning I remembered that Berry won't be there when I get home. That made me very sad thinking about her being gone, and how it will be different without her in the house when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment