Friday, March 28, 2003

This week is almost over. YAY! Yesterday my cold got a lot worse and so I didn't row my 2K at practice. Leah and I are planning to row ours after practice today.

The amount of news coverage on the war is amazing. I think it helps more then hinders the war effort that reports are imbedded with the troops in Iraq.

My Mom's surgery went well yesterday and it appears that she doesn't have cancer. When my dad called and told me that I was so happy and relieved.

Yesterday I had to attend two lectures. One was for AP and the speaker was the Honerable Francis K. Brooks. He's a Congressman from Vermont and also the Comm's uncle. I don't remember the name of the proffessor who spoke at the other lecture, but it was by madatory for everyone in DFL. Everyone came away from that lecture wondering if that man had actually just said what we thought he said. I think his main point was to show that it's important to know more than one language and culture. He talked about how being bilingual means that you are culturally schizophrantic. His points were so scattered and overshadowed by worthless information that it was very hard to follow and get anything good out if the lecture. The part that everyone will never forget was when he closed by proposing the foundation of the United States Military Peace Academy (USMPA). Instead of Beast barracks, there'd be Peace Barracks. He'd even gone so far as to design the academy crest. Thankfully the course director for DFL did not allow any questions after the lecture.

Try saying "Bunker buster bombed" 10 times fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment