Friday, March 07, 2003

Blah. While most people here are counting down the days, and some even the hours and minutes until spring break I am still just trying to make it through the day. The teacher's pre-break rush of projects and papers is starting to hit me in full swing. Right now it's an AP paper, CS project, and Math project probably mixed in with some tests and quizzes that I've forgotten about. Of course behind on all of them at the moment. My friends tell me that there are 8 days left until that glorious day of freedom comes. In the true West Point way there is a compressed scheduale that day and a full class day once again this weekend on Saturday.

This week we were supposed to get on the water for crew, but there's still a bunch of ice left. Coach Hall is taking this opportunity to kill us on the ergs. Thankfully he's let us be in the tanks for the past two days, but that just means that he can torture us again tomorrow. Today at practice he was actually saying something about how he want's us to be in a lot of pain. I understand his point, but does he actually have to go and admit it to us? I think he enjoys seeing us grimice during the 12th 500m sprint on the erg we do at 100% pressure. Hopefully all this work will pay off and we'll blow the other teams out of the water this spring.

Since I got the AA slot I can't do the Microsoft AIAD. Oh well. Now I have to get in shape for AA. Anne and I are planning on going for a ruck march on Saturday after classes. I need to start running and doing pushups a lot more. At least now I have some serious motivation to work out really hard.

Today it snowed 4-5 inches. Maybe I'll go snowboarding this weekend if there's time. It's doubtfull, but you never know. It'd be really nice to take OPP's Saturday and go somewhere away from here with some friends.

I wonder if people are annoyed that this is a journal and not a true blog. Not that I really care. It seems rather petty.

The Cow's got their loans today. $25,000 at 1% interest and they don't have to start paying it off until after graduation when it comes directly out of their pay for 5 years. It's a rather good deal if you invest it wisely. Once again in the words of Coach Hall: "There's a big difference between No Risk and Low Risk." I have a lot of respect for him, but I still think he has horns growing out of his head.

Now it's time to get back to doing homework. Does it ever end?





No comments:

Post a Comment