Friday, March 14, 2003

Spring break starts today. YAY!! Breakfast formation was at 5:50 this morning and the first class started at 6:40. Thankfully the professors understood that none of use were really paying much attention and hadn't done much work last night to prepare. In fact, the only class that I did do anything in last night was AP. My last class was AP and my teacher let us out around 9:10, so I went and helped Josh pack up his room.

Yesterday was promotion for the plebes. I can't believe it's already been a year since I was promoted. It definetly felt different being the one pinning on the US brass on my plebe instead of being the one having it pinned on to me.

Last night I hung out in a friend's room until 15 min before taps and got back to my room and rememberd that before I started packing I first had to fold all of my laundry. I ended up staying up until around 1, I think. It's gotten to the point where I don't really remember what I time I got to bed anymore. Time just blends together here. The days drag by, but the weeks fly.

Lots of talk of the US going to war with Iraq. I could go into that, but I'm not going to right now. My teachers are starting to remind us to watch out for security hazards and other such stuff. I guess I should be a little more carefull.

I must say that this break, even if it is going to involve 6 hours of practice a day, is definetly needed. 3 weeks straight of 6 days of class a week is killing everyone here. 1 day weekends suck. I hope this spring break is as much fun, if not more fun, than last spring break. Coach added on two hours of practice to our day, but that just means that we'll come back in even better shape and hopefully all do really well on the APFT. That, and either I'll get a great tan or I'll be beet red. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment