Monday, March 31, 2003

I look and sound like crap right now. For some reason my left eye decided to turn red today and my cold, although a lot better than it was a few days ago, is leaving me very congested and coughing.

Yesterday there was a platoon competition in the morning, after which I went to the Hanlon's house for about 1 1/2 hours to celebrate Amy's birthday and also relax a bit. I said I'd be back around 3 or 4, and got back exactly at 3. In the evening I went out with a few friends to a pizza place and then a movie. It was a fun evening.

Being sick, tired, and stressed makes me a mess. I feel bad for my friends having to put up with me during these times when I blow stuff out of proportion and focus way too much attention on the little things that really don't mean anything.

My one good point of the night:
Me: it's like vegetables - they tast really gross when you eat them, but you can't grow with out them.
Friend: hmmmm?
Me: analogy. what's good for you in the long run doens't always feel like it at the moment.

Still learning, still growing, still changing. We'll see how it all turns out in the end. It's amazing how things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment