Monday, March 03, 2003

A cold snap hit West Point this morning. I woke up thinking it would be warm out since yesterday it was around 40 degrees, but it turns out the temperature was around 7 degrees and really windy. The good thing was the breakfast formation was indoors. Walking to class I wore my gray jacket and garrison cap instead of the black parka and skull cap. That wasn't the best idea since the wind was really strong and my ears froze. Oh well.

6 week grades came out this weekend. I'm really hurting right now. I have a C- in Spanish, 3 C+'s, one B, and an A-. If I want to keep my NSA intership AIAD that I have for next summer I need to bring all my grades up to at least B's. It's going to be a tough semester with physics and crew.

Today I got an email asking me if I'm still interested in the Microsoft AIAD this summer. The description of it is:

You’ll find the energy and innovation of a start-up, and the resources and support of a Fortune 500 leader. Headquartered in Redmond, Washington, Microsoft (NASDQ symbol: MSFT) employs thousands of people in a wide array of fields. Our core mission: create groundbreaking technology that unleashes creativity, connects businesses, and makes learning more fun. We enable people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. From Xbox to Windows, Office to MSN we invite you to get an inside view of our world. What have you done with your software lately? It’s a hard-working, world-changing environment—one powered by challenge-seekers a lot like you. Learn more about Microsoft at www.microsoft.com.

Right now it fits into my summer scheduale because I don't currently have a MIAD and the only other thing that I'm doing is Beast 2 as a squad leader. I'm hoping that and Airborne slot opens up so that I can get that out of the way. I had and Air Assault slot last week, but I gave it away after 10 minutes first becasue I really don't want to go to Air Assault school, plus, Ari told me that if I keep it I don't have a chance at Airborne school this summer. The Microsoft thing is either from 2 June to 20 june, or 9 June to 27 June. Beast 2 doesn't start until either 10 July or 13 July. I don't remember which one right now. I don't really care about summer vacation anymore so that's not a huge factor in the equation, plus I don't think I'm allowed more than 3 weeks of vacation and if I don't take this slot then I'll have 5 weeks. I guess I should just reply and say that I'm still interested.

All I really care about is keeping my NSA slot for next summer. I have a post-it note stuck up on the bookshelf above my desk that says "NSA" so that I keep focused on the goal. It feels really good to have a goal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment