Saturday, March 29, 2003

It takes me a while to get to know someone and be comfertable being myself around them. I guess I act different around different people based on how well I know them. I've really realized that this year. There are all number of examples that I could talk about, but I'll just stick to one or two. For example, this year I've started going to OCF, or Officer Christian Fellowship, after being invited by my friend Leah. The first few times during small group time I don't think I said a word. Instead, I sat, watched, and listened to everybody talk and interact to get a feel for the people and the group. Only after I started to become comfertable around the people and trust the group did I start expressing more of myself. Even now, however, I don't say a lot, but that's changing.

I'm about to start analyzing this to pieces. Actually, I've already started doing it in my head. Why do I always do that? I take some issue and tear it to pieces trying to find the root cause. Ahh! Now I'm going to start analyzing that problem. Time to take the advice I've recieved many times from a great friend, Matt, and just stop thinking.

Steph's probably off at Air Force basic training now. I hope she's doing okay. I think this will be a really good opportunity for her. She's another person it took me a while to become comfertable around. We met in 5th grade when we were on the same summer softball team. I thought she was so cool and was one of the best players. We played on the same softball and basketball team every year after that in middle school except for 8th grade when she was on a travel team. I wanted to be friends with her, but was really really shy in middle school and went to a different school than all the others girls on the team and was always really quiet. It wasn't until 10th grade that Steph and I became good friends. Steph's been one of my best friends since then. Senior year my friends Liz, Steph, and I did almost everything together in and out of school. The spring dance, coming home, was the dance that the girls asked the guys. Steph got me to ask the guy that I had a crush on to the dance. He said yes and Liz, Steph, and I were all going to go in a group with our dates, but when their dates fell through I ended up telling my date that I couldn't go anymore. That guy ended up asking me to prom and we kinda dated during the last few months I was home. That was also due in part to Steph and her convincing Jake and I to actually talk to each other because we were both shy.
Wow. High school flew by. That was 2 years ago. Hahaha, I bet I'm making some people feel pretty old right now. Sorry.





No comments:

Post a Comment