Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sore....

I was hoping to make the whole 15.6 mile ruck march, but as I approached the 12 mile turn around and drop off I decided to wait to do that 15.6 miler another day. However, after hanging around for about 10 min I talked myself into giving it a try. I took off running to try and make the time, and I did okay for about the first mile or so, but since I was running alone (there were only 2 other girls going for the 15.6 and they had left a few minutes before me), and since I wasn't sure how much time I actually had to complete the final 3.6 miles, I mentally gave up after the first mile. My pants were also starting to cause chaffing, and my left shoulder hurt a ton. I made it to around the 13.5 mile mark where I was finally picked up, which is what I was hoping for. It was dissapointing, but I'm fairly confident that I can make the 15.6 mile time on the pure GPB ruck march. The good news is that I was third girl to finish the 12 mile ruck march and made it in a time of 3 hrs 15 min, although that was slower than the pace I wanted to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment