Friday, October 28, 2005

Debate

Tomorrow there is a Halloween party that most of my class is going to.  For the most part I grew up not being allowed to celebrate Halloween, and now I am trying to figure out for myself what is honoring and glorifying to God in regards to the issue.  

Friend: I would encourage you to go. you can honor God hardcore there... it's not what goes into you that defiles but what comes out... being a manifestation of God's Love in the midst of people who need it is what Christ was all about and he often was found in the midst of the worst sinners parties, even though the religious folks were aghast.

I had thought of that as one of the two options I have, the other being not going.  My question is how do I actually be a manifestation of God's love there if I do go?  It’d actually be much easier to not go, and that is actually what I was leaning towards at first, but now I don’t know what to do.  

2 comments:

  1. When you were little we disallowed Halloween to teach you about the cost of Love. We were also concerned for you protection. The lesson stuck. You ask the right questions.

    Be a light, and do what you do to the glogy of God. Sometimes in life that means going, sometimes it means not going. Sometimes it means going and walking away when appears that true love may be comprimised.

    You are under no law, save for the law of love.

    Much love,
    Dad

    PS - This will be a chapter in "Eating Spinach", thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah =\ i'm not going anywhere for halloween...when asked, i can only say that i don't celebrate anything about halloween. just the end of another month for me...

    --sam

    ReplyDelete