Saturday, October 22, 2005

Army Crew Disbanded

On this happy day I received some news that has made me very sad on the inside.  The Army Crew Team is being disbanded for the rest of the season starting after this weekend, and indefinitely until a new OIC can be found, if one is ever found.  I only know a little about the reasons why this has happened, but it is very hard not to point fingers and blame certain individuals right now.

Being on the crew team was one of the best things I did while at West Point.  Through it I made friendships that I am sure will last a lifetime.  It also provided an escape from the daily grind of the rest of life, as well as allowing me to react to and release the tension and stress in my life in a healthy way.  

1 comment:

  1. what the blazes?? :( that's really sad. i saw anne's AIM away msg and had no idea what she meant...and there was a respectable showing at HOCR too. (i mean hey, at least Army didn't scratch, like my team. capriciousness is not good in a coach sometimes.) anyway, sorry to hear :(

    ReplyDelete