Friday, October 14, 2005

It's Thursday

This morning was the final diagnostic APFT for my class. I managed to raise my score 2 points even though my run time was worse. If only I could be one of those people who only runs 4 miles a year (2 miles for each APFT) and still maxes the run every time. I went to bed at 9pm since I had to get up at 4:15am for the APFT. While I was walking out to my car I felt more awake then I expected, and then I thought about how I most likely will not be able to get 7 hours of sleep during the night for the next year after I graduate OBC. I better enjoy it while I can.

Last night a lot of people, including myself, went to a diner for dinner to celebrate Vivian's 22nd birthday. We all knew it was a bad idea to eat there before an APFT, but as Rachel and I decided, we were running an experiment to see how greasy, unhealthy food really effects an APFT. Of course we had to get milk shakes. I ordered a chocolate shake even though I don't like chocolate ice cream very much. It was too chocolatey for me and so I only drank a tiny bit of mine, which I guess is a good thing.

The weather here has cooled down quite a bit almost over night. Actually, it was over the weekend. In the morning when I get up for PT the temp is in the low 50's, although it does get into the mid 70's during the day. Soon we'll be switching to wearing the running suit for PT, but first everyone in the company has to get the complete uniform with hat and gloves.

I miss Anne. We talked over email today, which is the first time we've talked since she left for Cambridge. I'm horrible at keeping in touch with her, and people in general, even though she's one of my best friends. Now we won't see each other for a long time :( That reminds me, I really need to write her mom back.

Next Tuesday I have a battle analysis paper due. Even though I checked the books out a month ago, tonight was the first night that I actually cracked one open, and I only made it through about a page. Yes, I am procrastinating, but so is almost everyone else in my class. One guy in my class has his paper done, but he did it while in class. I think that is a bit extreme since we are supposed to be paying attention to what they are teaching us in class.

This evening I went over to the Munsey's and baked. This time I made individual fruit pizza's, except they have a meringue base instead of a sugar cookie base. Although they tasted really good right after I made them, my guess is that they will be soggey by class tomorrow morning. Oh well :(  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. yup, there are a couple of pics of you on vivian's xanga :p even though anne's signed onto AIM, something tells me she won't be actually there very often...

    --sam

    ReplyDelete