Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Columbus Day...what a great holiday. I say that not because I'm a huge fan of Columbus, but instead for a purely selfish reason. That reason being that I got a four-day weekend and was able to go home. Betsy had a wedding shower on Saturday and I decided to keep my visit home a suprise for her, although the rest of my family knew I was coming home. The shower was very nice, and it was great seeing Betsy again. She has a lot of hair now, at least compared to the last time I saw her.

The wedding shower was the main event of the weekend, but while I was home I also spent time with the rest of my family, slept, read a lot, went to church at C&R, made a fruit pizza, and went out to coffee with Misha. Misha and I had only planned on getting together for an hour because he had a test he needed to study for, but we ended up talking for 2.5 hours. It was great catching up with him, and also helped abate my recent fear that I am socially inept and can not carry on a decent conversation.

Now I am back in good old AZ (shown below). Only a month left here and then off into the big world.


The view from my window.


I've spent far too much time this afternoon at my computer adding new programs and trying to figure out how to use them to make my life easier. One program that I added was iTunes, because I also ordered an iPod Nano this afternoon. Although I have a Rio 20 gig MP3 player right now, I am not too happy with it and can't really count on it to work all the time anymore. Most of the reviews I read for the iPod Nano were good, so I hope it is worth the money.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment