Saturday, October 22, 2005

No More Birthday Party Fears :)

This is my first birthday in four years where the words “Birthday Party” don’t send any chills up my spine.  I was never thrown a birthday party other than the good kind, but each year the threat was there.  

It’s almost 12:30 AM and I’m not tired at all.  This afternoon I took a nap before Rachel and I went to see Elizabethtown.  I woke up right when we were supposed to leave, and I wasn’t ready to go at all.  There was a made dash around my room as I tried to change clothes, find my purse and various IDs and keys, and try to wake up.

We did make it to the movie on time, but either missed the preview for Annapolis, or they didn’t show it as a preview, which was probably the case.  I’ve seen the preview once and my friends and I almost died laughing.  I really don’t think I could make it sitting through that movie in the theater because I would get too annoyed with it’s inaccuracy and over-dramatization of everything.  One National Guard guy in my class sarcastically said, “I didn’t know Annapolis was the hardest military academy” after he saw the preview.

My mail is finally starting to be forwarded to my address here.  The good news is that my car registration renewal came in the mail today.  Apparently it was one of the first pieces to be forwarded to me, so I may be getting a second one soon due to the fact that I thought the first one was lost.  

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day. I wish we could be there (or have you here). I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Love you lots & lots & lots (& your birthday present isn't lost...just belated...)
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete