Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Yesterday I felt like I was on the verge of slipping back into survival mode, and I didn't like it one bit. Last year I lived in survival mode the whole year as a CS major, and it sucked. Yesterday my senior project group had a meeting with our project advisor, and it basically sounded like my life for the next year would be sucked up by this project. Then I started thinking about all of the other projects that I am supposed to be doing, my IT485 project, CS484 project, company website and microsoft outlook project, crew website and database project, IT305 projects, and then a IT460 project, and trying to fit crew and stuff like TA-50 inspections and SAMI's in there. It was rather overwhelming.

After the meeting I walked back to my room feeling quite drained. I once again reminded myself of how I survived beast and plebe year, taking it in small chunks, sometimes as small as a second at a time because that was all I could handle. I'd be walking to a class and stressing out about everything I had to do that day, and I would have to stop and think in my mind "Kate, you are walking to class. You do not have the ability to do anything about the other things in your life at the moment, so stop thinking about them. Just focus on walking. Take it one step at a time."

While walking back I kinda of cried out to God and said "God, you know my circumstances right now and that I am feeling overwhelmed. You are in control, I give my projects to you. Please help me do what I need to do, and bring me peace." My anxiety then subsided a bit.

When I got back to my room I decided to work on my TA-50 and DX some of it, as well as search in the trunk room for my rope gloves, rope, and 3 magazines. I was able to DX everything I need to DX, and then I found my 3 magazines in the trunk room. While I was down there I also said a quick prayer asking God to help me find the box of books that I mentioned in a previous entry, and when I looked up it was sitting on the shelf right in front of me. I also had a feeling that I should look in my trunk for my rope gloves, and when I checked my trunk they were in there. I felt like God was showing me that he is in control and all I have to do is trust in Him. Prayer is an amazing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment