Thursday, September 23, 2004

This evening Bea-hob and I met over dinner to discuss The Da Vinci Code and Christianity. Going into the conversation I knew I would have to rely on Luke 21:15, because I had no clue what to say. We ended up talking for about an hour and a half. It was a very good conversation, but I came away from it feeling exhausted, not knowing if it made any difference, and having to turn it all over to God, because I feel like I just talked in circles and he got nothing out of it.

About a half an hour after we finished talking I went to my company Bible Study where the topic was Romans 6. I try and talk more during the Bible studies, but I was so exhausted, if that's the right word, that I didn't say a word the whole time. I did have thoughts on what we were discussing, but some of them pertained to baptism, which is something I am studying more in depth at the moment, but it is not a discussion that would be helpfull and and uniting for the small company Bible study. Jason, Charlie, and I freely admit that we are staying away from the contriversional doctrinal issues with the Bible Study, because those discussions are probably more than our group could handle, and has time to handle in that setting.

After the Bible Study I stayed and talked to Charlie and Jason for a few minutes and told them about my talk with Bea-Hob. It is really nice to have people in the company who are strong Christians that I can go to and talk about my faith, God, Christianity, the Bible, and other related stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment