Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I have a little time before I have to go to rehab and class, and I want to take a break from doing work, so I think I'll actually get around to posting something.

Congratulations Brain and Mary, and Josh and Erin for getting engaged this past weekend :)

This past weekend was a lot of fun. On Friday, my golf instructor allowed us to have class an hour early so that we could leave earlier. After the class I went back to my room and discovered that I felt exhausted. I had a few hours before my parents got in, so I decided to crash on my bed and take a nap. My parents made it to West Point around 5 or 6, and we went out to eat with Anne and her family, Annah and her parents, and a few other cadets. I was going to go to a movie with Anne and her brother after dinner, but my cold was acting up and the only thing I wanted to do was sleep. My sisters got into the hotel around midnight, and I said a quick hi to them and then proceeded to go back to sleep.

Saturday I woke up around 8:30 and went shopping for a pair of black high heels to wear to the banquet, because my issued ones were in extremely poor shape. Unforutunatly, I couldn't find any that would work. Heidi, Betsy, and I headed out to the sushi resturant in New Paltz around 10:30, and the trip was rather uncomfertable because my AC wasn't working and it was rather hot and humid. My parents met us at the resturant, and we had a nice lunch with a bunch of my friends and their families.

After lunch we headed to West Point and I went back to my room to start getting ready for the ring ceremony. We formed up for the ceremony at 4:30 in our India Whites. As I said, it was a very hot and humid day, and we were standing at attention for the whole thing. One of the guys in my company had to sit down, and I later found out that a TAC fainted. I was afraid that I wouldn't like my ring, but when I opened up the box I gasped at how beautiful it looked. It felt great putting on the ring, and I still can't help holding up my hand admiring it.

After the ceremony I took a bunch of pictures with my family and friends, and then headed back to the barracks. They didn't allow the plebes to do the ring poop outside this year, but there was a 30 minute time span that they could do it in the barracks. I must have been stopped 6 or 7 times just going up the stairs by plebes doing the ring poop.

Following that was the banquet and hop. Sunday was spent going to Church and then lounging around with my family. My dad was really nice and fixed the AC on my car. Of course, that means a cold spell is going to hit now and won't end until my AC breaks.

The best parts of the weekend were giving my parents their gifts, seeing my sisters again, having Betsy visit West Point for the first time, and having all of my friends meet my sisters, and of course receiving my ring. All of my friends commented on how similiar my sisters and I look. I always thought we looked a little similar, but not to the extent that my friends seemed to think. Oh well, I think my sisters are both beautiful, so if I look like them that is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment