Tuesday, March 30, 2004

This morning after practice I was getting ready for class and started thinking about how much God has blessed me through those around me. There's Anne, my best friend, who's always there for dinner, ready to discuss any topic that comes up, and who is willing to give up eating desserts with me when we try and get in better shape, and there giving me a hug and going for a run with me when life hits the hard patches. He's blessed me through the Schumachers, who are truely amazing people. They are there to guide me in my Christian walk, offer advice, discuss life and the army, and invite me up to the house to talk, pray, and eat shrimp cocktail and chocolate chip cookies after my bf and I break up. There's Coach Hanlon, who is willing to work with me after practice in the tanks on rowing, and who's office I can stop by during the day and talk to about my fear about CS380. My CS380 teacher, who opens his office to me and patiently tries to explain the concepts to me over and over again. God's blessed me through my family, my parents, who I can call when I need to cry on the phone about something, who always keep me in their prayers, and send me boodle boxes when I need or want something. He's also blessed me with amazing friends, who are willing to travel up to the 6th floor to give me a hug, IM me a special message when things are getting rough, and make sure that I am making time for God. Even though it seems like I'm barely surviving right now in a lot of things, God has really shown his love for me through those he's put around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment