Thursday, March 18, 2004

So far spring break is pretty fun, except for some of the practices. Today we had practice at 6am and then had the afternoon off to go do whatever we wanted. It was nice to only have one practice instead of the usual morning and afternoon practice. Anne, Ana, Beth and I went to the Kennedy Space Center after we hit up IHOP after practice. The space center was fun, except it was during our usual between practice nap time, and so we were all pretty tired. In the evening some Captains staying at the same hotel as us cooked steakes by the pool and invited any of us who wanted to to join them. It was pretty fun, and the steaks were good. The main advice the officers all seemed to give was to not get married right after graduation. That seemed to be the theme of the day both in conversations with my friends and then at the cook-out. I don't really rememeber how my friends and I got started on the topic earlier, but once again the statistic that 75% of all marriages up to 18 months after graduation end in divorce. Last time I heard it, it was only 70% and 1 year, but the point still stands.

Happy St. Patricks Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment