Monday, March 08, 2004

4 days, only 4 days till Spring break. I have a feeling that it will be a very long 4 days. Spring break this year is going to be once again spent training with the crew team in Florida. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since my parents are coming down.

Last week I found out my summer assignment.
2 June - 2 July: Engineer CTLT at Fort Bragg, NC
3 July - 24 July: Home/ family vacation
25 July - 12 Aug: Small Unit Leadership Training (SMULT) at Fort Bragg, NC

The SMULT is also known as Robin Sage. This is an email from a cadet who did it last year:

"First it was a great experience, unlike no other I have had or probably will have. As females you never get to train with special forces, so this was a unique opportunity. The training is not hard, you really just do missions with the special ops. You are in the field the whole time though, I was out there for 13 days, but its not bad, the guys are really cool and you do cool missions, like 24hr recons and stuff. You get to kill your own chicken too. You learn a lot about how things should be from them too. They see things from a whole other perspective. You gain an appreciation and knowledge for what they do. They love to talk and tell stories.And they are soo cool, like I was calling officers by their first names because that’s how think things should be. It’s a very relaxed field environment too. No k-pots or anything, you carry an M-4 and wear black BDU's. its really cool. You can always do airborne or AA, but you will never be able to do this, so take advantage. Hope this helps, if you need anything else do not hesitate to ask. Best of luck!!"

Anne and Jamie also have it. I'm really looking forward to my summer now.

On a bit of a lower note, in 6 hours I'm going to have my foot looked at. I think I may have a stress fracture. It's been hurting for about 5 weeks now, and hasn't gotten any better. At least rowing doesn't seem to affect it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment