Saturday, November 29, 2003

I've come home to a world of confusion. The house is being remodeled and so right now there is no kitchen. I keep forgetting that and start thinking about how, when I'm thirsty, I'll go get a glass from the cupboard and get a drink of water. Then I remember that there is no cupboard to get a glass from, and there isn't a sink to get water out of in the kitchen. It's all very strange.

Time is also different. At school I always know the day, the month, the season, but here I don't. I keep thinking it's either Christmas, or early spring. Yesterday at the store I had no idea what the date was when I went to write a check. Everything feels jumbled up in my head.

I also have trouble concentrating. Occasionaly I'll be able to sit down and read a book, or watch a movie, but for the most part I need to look at a mazagine at the same time that I'm watching tv. Yesterday at the bookstore I found a book that I was interested in buying, but I wanted to read a tiny bit of it just to make sure. It may as well have been me reading my mil art text book. I would look at the words, about half of them I'd actually be able to look at long enough to read, but of those words that I'd read, most of them would not proccess in my head at all.

I'm slowly unwinding just in time to have to go back to my world of lots of stress, little time, and no sleep. Term End Exams are two weeks away, and then on the 18th I fly back here for two weeks. Why is this semester so much harder then the previous ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment