Friday, November 14, 2003

This morning I woke up at 5:35am and realized that I was reaching over to push snooze on my alarm. That really confused me, because if I'm pressing snooze it is because it's after 6am and I don't have practice. Suddenly, it hit me that I'd been pressing snooze in my sleep for half an hour and practice had started 5 minuted earlier. I had two options. I could go saw screw it, go back to sleep and then later email the whole team and apologize for missing morning practice and do a 12k, or I could get up and sprint to practice. I choose to get up and sprint down there as fast as I could. We were in the tanks today. After practice I apologized to my coach for being late. He told me that Henry the 8th had three wives named Kathereine (although I think they spelled their names differently), and that two of them were beheaded. That made me feel great. Then he told me not to worry about it and I promised him it wouldn't happen again.

Yesterday after practice Anne and I went kite flying down at the river courts. It was so windy. We had a lot of fun, although it was pretty cold out.

The Hudson river had ice along the edges of it this morning. There was also snow on top of the ice from the flurries last night. Winter is coming. I want to go snowboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment