Friday, January 26, 2007

The Week Tastes Like Vegetables

This week has been akin to me eating vegetables when I was little.  I was told the vegetables were good for me, but I sure didn't like the taste of them. (Sometimes I spit them into my napkin, although I usually reserved the napkin trick to get rid of my glass of milk.  Shh...don't tell my Mom).  The week has been full of things that are probably good for me and will help me grow and mature in the long run, but they are very uncomfortable to deal with right now.  More specifically, yesterday I had two extremely embarrassing moments, one of which was so embarrassing that I was tempted to never show my face in public again.  However, my Dad has always said that a sign of maturity is the ability to laugh at yourself, so I did my best to laugh at myself and also gave a few other people something to laugh about.  Some of the other things this week relate to hopes being deferred and, in the process, working on patience.  I sure hope I am doing the right thing by not acting and being patient in one of the circumstances, because otherwise I will probably look pretty funny as I try and kick myself if I find out that inaction was the wrong action.  Vague, yes.  Why?  Because elephants have flat feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment