Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Does Anyone Love Their Job?

This morning I was planning and looking forward to going for a faster, longer run with one of my fellow LT's during PT.  My plan fell through due to a new policy and I ended up not being able to go for a run at all.  Since I went swimming yesterday I didn't due any PT during lunch, but decided I still wanted to go for a run after work at 5pm.  I was really looking forward to the run, but then a meeting with the officers in my section took a while and the sun had already set by the time I got home.  My attitude became worse and worse during the meeting because I realized that I wouldn't be able to go for a run, and though I was not verbally saying anything it still showed on my face.  I was both angry about not being able to go for a run, and also angry at myself for having a bad attitude about having to stay a little later. 
 
I got home in a bad mood and after Andrea came home we had a little venting session.  My mood was still not very good when a few friends showed up later on for the first meeting of a Bible study that Andrea is leading.  This evening we only looked over the Bible study for a bit to familiarize ourselves with it and then talked about work for about an hour, but my attitude is a lot better now after the Bible study.  I do have one question though.  Can anyone name someone in the Army who actually loves their job?  I asked this to Andrea and to the other people who came tonight and sadly no one could name a single person.  A few did say that they really enjoyed PL time, but none of them are PL's anymore.  I'd like to meet someone who whole-heartedly loves their job and looks forward to going in to work everyday.  Perhaps that person could inspire me to love my job instead of bear it in the hopes of something better coming along soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment